The Masons Arms is a thatched pub offering B&B accommodation in ensuite rooms, plus camping, and glamping style accommodation. The pub also has a micro brewery producing regular and seasonal ales. The Masons Arms provides quality Pub Grub plus an a la carte menu using seasonal produce.
We have been running the Masons Arms at Lower Odcombe since February 2005 when we rescued the village from a fate worse than death... the loss of their pub!
After a short closure to make the kitchens legal, replace the boiler, fix the wiring... etc etc we reopened on April 1st with so much support from the village that we ran out of beer! Their drinking and eating capacity has been unabated ever since and the pub has established itself as the heart of the village with New Years Eve parties, Village Fetes and Dog Shows all proving to be a great success.
We have 4 ales regularly available, namely Odcombe No.1 at 4% abv, Odcombe Spring at 4.1% abv, Roly Poly at 4.2% abv and Drewers Broop at 4.3% We also have 2 seasonal ales, Winters Tail at 4.3% abv and Half Jack at 3.8% abv.
We have 6 rooms, all on the ground floor (although there are a few steps along the corridor) and are situated next to the garden and away from the road, not that there is much traffic in Odcombe! Our rooms are furnished to luxury standard with oak furniture, bathrobes, free tolietries, mini fridge with complimentary water and bottled beer, ceiling fan for those long hot English summers (!) as well as a desk area with direct dial telephone and internet access. We have the following room choices:
- 1 single with ensuite
- 2 doubles with en suite bath/shower
- 1 double with walk in shower (suitable for people with mild disabilities)
- 1 twin with bath/shower
- 1 family room with bath/shower (double bed and a double sofa bed which is suitable for either 2 children under 12 years old or 1 adult)
We serve a sumptuous breakfast of cereals, patisseries, cooked breakfast using local produce and free range eggs (possibly by our own chickens) accompanied by juice, tea and coffee. It's a meal sure to set you up for your day! Breakfast is served for residents between 7.30am and 10am in the main restaurant area. A breakfast tray can be provided in your room if you prefer with cereals, fruit, yoghurt and juice, please just ask a member of staff the night before and they will arrange for it to be delivered ready for the morning.
We believe that a pub should always be a pub not a restaurant and we therefore offer traditional favourites such as Ham, Egg and Chips and homemade pies alongside an a la carte menu. For an inland pub we have a strong reputation for fish and our dishes focus on modern British cuisine. Our menu changes every month and we use as much seasonal produce as possible in all of our dishes including fruit, herbs and vegetables grown in our own garden.
The brewery was established in 2000 by a previous owner and we resurrected it in December 2005 with help from Shepherd Neame. We have four ales regularly available namely Odcombe No.1 at 4% abv, Odcombe Spring at 4.1% abv, Roly Poly at 4.2% abv and Drewers Broop at 4.3%.
We now have two seasonal ales, Winters Tail at 4.3% abv and Half Jack at 3.8% abv, but no guest ale unless we can't keep up with demand for ours or a barrel has gone to a beer festival and we do a swap!
- Freshly prepared meals from traditional ‘Pub Grub’ through to a full a la carte menu that changes daily
- Micro brewery producing 4 ales, Odcombe No.1 at 4% abv, Odcombe Spring at 4.1% abv, Roly Poly at 4.2% abv and Drewers Broop at 4.3% and 2 seasonal ales, Winters Tail at 4.3% abv and Half Jack at 3.8% abv
- Six ground floor en suite letting rooms, AA four star rated with mini fridge, bathrobes and free toiletries
- Picturesque Camping site
- Private meetings/functions catered for in the pub including breakfast meetings from 8am
- Breakfast, tea and coffee served every day from 8am until 11.00am
*Information updated 18 March 2018